I love sweet potatoes. Now I can add sweet potato cupcakes to that list.. I usually just bake one in the oven for about an hour and eat it. They taste just glorious on their own. No additions necessary.buy tramadol online
During this time of year, I love to add sweet potatoes to my baked goods. They are super healthy and filled with nutrients, that is until you mix in butter, sugar and eggs. When I saw the recipe for the “Only for Eliza” sweet potato cake in the new Brown Betty Cookbook, I got super excited and couldn’t wait to bake it!valium online without prescription
I decided to make cupcakes instead of cake since I was leaving for a short weekend trip with the hubby. I knew these would be a great snack on the road. And boy was I right! I can see why this cake is one of the top sellers at Brown Betty Dessert Boutique in Philadelphia. This cupcake was bursting with a subtle yet distinct flavor that had me wanting more. And more cupcakes I ate! The spiced buttercream is the perfect compliment for the cupcake, and I can’t wait to try it on other cupcakes as well. It really just brings out the rustic sweet potato flavor a bit more.buy tramadol online no prescription
So can I just say how much I adore this cookbook? It is filled with lovely photographs, incredible recipes and delightful anecdotes. It truly reminds me of my childhood, and it makes me excited to bake! I just knew I had to give one away. So since it is the season of Thanksgiving, read below for a chance to win this cookbook! GOOD LUCK!! And for the sweet potato cake recipe, check below the contest rules.
– The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning
– Grandbaby Cakes can be found on Facebook at www.facebook.com/grandbabycakes, on Twitter at https://twitter.com/GrandbabyCake, on Pinterest at https://pinterest.com/highartgroup/ and on Tumblr at http://grandbabycakes.tumblr.com/
– The winner will be selected by random number generator on random.org within two days of the contest closing. The winner will have 24 hours to respond to their notification email to claim their prize. If winner does not respond, another winner will be chosen by random number generator.
– I will obtain the winner’s name and mailing address by contacting the winner by email. The publisher will mail the cookbook to the winner directly.
– Prize description- One copy of The Brown Betty Cookbook sponsored by John Wiley & Sons.
This giveaway will close on Sunday, November 11th at 11:59pm CST.
Giveaway open to U.S. residents ONLY.
buy ambien without prescription
For the cake
Non stick cooking spray with flour
1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes or yams, scrubbed
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon regular salt
1 1/8 ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
3 sticks (1 1/2 cups) unsalted butter at room temperature
2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
8 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 cup evaporated milk (I used coconut milk)
For the spiced vanilla buttercream
6 ounces Philadelphia cream cheese at room temperature
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter at room temperature
Pinch of regular salt
14 ounces (1 3/4 cups) confectioners sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
For the Cake
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat three 9-inch round cake pans with nonstick cooking spray and line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
2. Place the potatoes on the baking sheet and rub the skins with oil. Roast the potatoes until tender when pierced with a fork, 50 to 55 minutes. Set the potatoes aside until they are cool enough to handle. Using a knife, remove the skin of the sweet potatoes and place the flesh of the potatoes in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat the potato flesh on medium-high speed to remove pulp, about 1 minute. Push the flesh through a fine-mesh strainer over a medium bowl. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger.
4. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, scraping the bowl as necessary, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended. Add the strained sweet potatoes and vanilla and beat until blended.
5. Reduce the mixer speed to low and alternately add the flour mixture and evaporated milk to the sweet potato mixture, beginning and ending with the flour mixture and beating until smooth.
6. Divide the batter equally among the prepared pans and bake until a wooden pick inserted into the center comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. (If making cupcakes, bake for 18-22 minutes in prepared muffin pans). Let the cakes cool in the pans for 10 minutes before turning them out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
7. To assemble and frost the cakes, place 1 cake layer, bottom-side up, on a cake plate. Use an offset spatula to spread 1 cup of the buttercream on top. Add the second cake layer, bottom-side down, and spread 1 cup of the buttercream on top. Top with the third cake layer, bottom-side up. Frost the top and sides of the cake with the remaining buttercream.
For the buttercream
1. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese and vanilla together on medium speed until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the butter and salt and beat until blended, scraping the bowl as necessary.
2. Reduce the mixer speed to low and gradually add the confectioner’s sugar, beating until blended. Scrape the bowl and add the cinnamon. Increase the mixer speed to high and beat until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Set aside until ready to use.