My favorite cookie happens to be chocolate chip. There is nothing like it for me. It's just perfect; no additions, changes, edits or updates are needed in my humble opinion. For my husband, he is equally smitten with chocolate chip cookies, especially Mrs. Fields.
There isn't a time that we don't visit the mall and leave with a bag full of whatever the special is that day (usually the buy 5, get one free fits the bill). To surprise my husband, I searched online for a copycat version of the Mrs. Fields' chocolate chip cookie and found one I was eager to try.
This cookie is fabulous! As you can see from the top photo and the photo below, the pile of cookies got a bit lower as photography went on. Once it received my husband's overwhelming approval, I shared a batch with my family, which was a hit as well. I will continue to use this recipe because it is really sensational........unless someone proves me wrong. Do you have a favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe?
Mrs. Fields' Chocolate Chip Cookies- Adapted from Top Secret Recipes
1 cup (2 sticks) softened unsalted butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 bag twelve-ounce bag of semi sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla
3. In another bowl, mix together the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda
4. Combine the wet and dry ingredients
5. Stir in the chocolate chips
6. With your fingers, place golf ball-sized dough sections 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
7. Bake for 9-10 minutes or just until edges are light brown.
Makes two dozen cookies