During the winter, I sometimes dream of peach cobbler. It is my absolute favorite dessert, and my big mama knows this because whenever I visit her in Mississippi, she has one waiting for me. When a precious shipment of Chobani greek yogurts in assorted flavors arrived at my doorstep, I knew exactly what I wanted to do with the peach flavor.
Creating this cake was definitely a dream come true. With the help of the mixed in peach greek yogurt from Chobani, the cake layer turned out incredibly moist, light and fluffy. But I didn’t stop there. I layered the cake batter with homemade peach cobbler filling and a graham cracker crumble.
This peachy keen cobbler cake is delightful served for breakfast or brunch along with a cup of coffee. It also works well as a quick afternoon snack. But I must say my favorite way to serve it is after dinner warmed with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream.
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup sifted cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup peach Chobani greek yogurt
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 bag (1 lb) of frozen peach slices brought to room temperature
- 4 tablespoons of melted butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- For the Cake, In a mixing bowl, cream together butter, oil and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add in eggs one at a time and blend in until well incorporated.
- Add salt to flour. Slowly mix in half of the flour mixture, then the yogurt, and then the remaining flour mixture until well mixed.
- Finally, add in the vanilla and lemon extract and mix just until combined. Pour the cake mixture into a greased 9 inch round springform pan.
- For the Peach Cobbler Topping, In a small bowl, whisk together melted butter, granulated sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla.
- Add peaches to a medium sized bowl. Pour liquid mixture over the top of the peaches.
- Allow to sit for approximately 30 minutes until the natural juices and mixture all blend together.
- For the Crumble, Whisk together the light brown sugar, granulated sugar, and cinnamon in a medium sized bowl.
- Pour the melted butter over the sugar mixture and whisk together until combined.
- Next, add the flour and graham cracker crumbs to the mixture and combine until crumbs begin to form.
- Bake the cake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven and pour the peach mixture over the top of the cake batter. Sprinkle crumbs over the peach topping.
- Place the cake back in the oven and bake for an additional 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes and remove the side of the springform pan.