My husband has been begging me to make chewy oatmeal raisin cookies for months. I finally obliged him and here is the result. I actually scoured the net for a recipe that would work well due to my recent hectic schedule. I wanted something nice and chewy with tons of flavor. Well I definitely found it in this chewy oatmeal raisin cookies recipe courtesy of Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch.
I discovered Serena on Yahoo! Shine. We have something in common. We are both Yahoo! Shine Supper Club Recipe winners so I was intrigued by her amazing looking recipes and definitely wanted to try something.
This chewy oatmeal raisin cookies recipe was just what I was looking for. I left out some of the spices because my husband is very plain when it comes to flavors he enjoys. These were awesome, filled with flavor and chewy with the perfect oat texture. I will definitely make these again.
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a Baking Sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add butter and sugar to your mixer bowl and beat on medium-high speed until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix until incorporated
- Next add cinnamon, baking soda, and salt and scrape down sides as needed.
- Finally slow down mixer and carefully add in flour, oats and raisins and mix until just combined. Don’t overmix!
- Scoop oatmeal cookie dough onto lined cookie sheet using a standard sized cookie scoop or rounded tablespoon.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden and set.
- Remove from oven and cool for 3-5 minutes or until set before removing.