This year, I was inspired by my trip to Italy in more ways than one. When I went to Mariano’s to begin shopping for ingredients, I found the most perfect mascarpone cheese which made me immediately think of tiramisu. With a menu item of sweet potato pie always on the dessert table, I knew blending the two would be perfection… and it certainly was!
With my mascarpone cheese, sweet potatoes and other incredible ingredients, I headed to the check out with #MyMarianos Rewards Card to reap the benefits Mariano’s always has for its customers. I was ready to get home and make not just Sweet Potato Tiramisu, but Sweet Potato Pie Tiramisu.
This Sweet Potato Tiramisu recipe does not require a lot of time to create, which makes it ideal for Thanksgiving! Make this ahead and spend more time with the people you love. And if you need even more time on your hands this holiday, order fresh holiday dinner turkey and ham options at Marianos here.
I can always count on quality and unique products to select from with amazing prices to match. To find out more about what is going on with Mariano’s, follow them on Facebook or Twitter or on their Community page.
- 1 (8 ounce) mascarpone cheese container, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar plus one tablespoon, separated
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 (15 ounce) can sweet potato in syrup, drained and mashed (or homemade if you have time which makes it taste even better!)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon plus more for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract, separated
- 2 1/2 cups fresh whipped cream, separated
- 1/4 cup warm coffee
- 1 (17.5 ounce) package ladyfingers
- 6 gingersnaps, crumbled
- To Make Filling, add mascarpone cheese and 1/2 cup of granulated sugar and all brown sugar to stand mixer and beat until smooth.
- Next add in mashed sweet potato, cinnamon, nutmeg and 1 tablespoon of the vanilla extract and beat until well incorporated.
- Lastly, fold 1 1/2 cups whipped cream into the sweet potato mixture and set aside.
- To Assemble the Tiramisu, add remaining teaspoon of vanilla extract to a bowl with coffee and stir together.
- Arrange a full row of ladyfingers at the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan.
- Pour 1/2 of warm coffee mixture over ladyfingers to soak them.
- Next take half of the sweet potato mixture and smooth over the top of the ladyfingers.
- Next create another layer by repeating all steps starting with adding another row of ladyfingers, pour coffee sauce on ladyfingers, and finally add the rest of the sweet potato mixture.
- Lastly, take remaining 1 cup of whipped cream and whisk in remaining tablespoon of granulated sugar and spread over the top of the tiramisu.
- Garnish the top of the tiramisu with crumbled gingersnaps over whipped topping and a little ground cinnamon.
- Place the springform pan in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours before serving.