This Light Oreo Smoothie, which tastes just like a full fat Oreo Milkshake, will become your favorite indulgent snack without the guilt.
My only rule for healthy recipes is it has to taste unhealthy like this Light Oreo Smoothie does. It seriously tastes like an Oreo Milkshake. Oreo Shakes are the best by the way. It is the best rule I could have ever came up with. I don’t like to know I am on the “good foot” when consuming food. I want to feel like I am indulging and enjoying life at all times. If I feel like I am depriving myself, I immediately want to stop and eat a bowl of full fat ice cream.
It’s just the way I’m built. I grew up in a home where fried chicken, baked macaroni and cheese, biscuits, cornbread and pound cakes reigned supreme. We also ate healthy sorbets, baked chicken and fish and lots of vegetables but I never felt like these dishes weren’t as good (or sometimes better) than the dishes filled with more calories, fat and carbs.
Over the course of the next month, I will be sharing healthier dessert and baked items that all of you can enjoy without the guilt. But they will remind you of all the unhealthy flavors we all have come to love. I am starting with this light oreo smoothie (oreo milkshake if you will) because it is simple to make, filled with oreo chocolate flavor, and just the right way to get your healthy January started right! So follow me along on a new path to healthy but don’t worry, there will be plenty of calorie laden recipes coming down the pipe this year as well.
- 1 frozen medium sized banana cut in slices
- ¼ cup vanilla greek yogurt
- ½- cup milk (I always use coconut milk)
- ½ teaspoon sweetener (optional)
- 2 Oreo cookies or other chocolate sandwich cookies plus more crumbles to garnish the top
- Blend frozen banana, yogurt, milk and sweetener to your blender and blend until smooth.
- Lastly add in Oreos and blend for a few seconds until it is chopped and mixed through.
- Pour mixture in glasses, garnish with cookie crumbles and serve.