Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Tiramisu is here, and here to stay! My last Cookie Dough Week recipe just had to have an Italian twist. Last week I told you I was Irish, and I truly believe it. This week however, I realized that I am officially Italian.
I have been in touch with my Italian side for quite some time. I have made tiramisu countless times on this blog and last year, I spent my summer vacation in Italy bouncing around Rome, Naples and Florence. I could have stayed forever. As I conclude Cookie Dough Week, the Italian side of me thought it was only appropriate to create Cookie Dough Tiramisu.
This recipe is bananas people! I cannot stop thinking about it. It blends the perfection of classic tiramisu with the sweetness of delicious chocolate chip cookie dough. Just imagine a layer of coffee dipped ladyfingers followed by a layer of buttery chocolate chip cookie dough then a final layer of rich sweet mascarpone cream. I have to close my eyes just to take in the incredible visual of that. Can you imagine it right now?
I imagined it, then made it, then ate it all! It was absolutely heavenly and the perfect last cookie dough treat for this week. P.S. This recipe does contain raw eggs but I always used pasteurized eggs from Safest Choice Eggs so I won’t have a problem. You can always temper the eggs if you are still a bit unsure.
If you want more Tiramisu, try my Banana Pudding Tiramisu HERE:
Or my Sweet Potato Pie Tiramisu HERE:
And if you want some more cookie dough inspiration, check out these amazing recipes from my blogger friends!
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Parfait from White Lights on Wednesday
Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Brownie Layer Cake from Life, Love and Sugar
Cheesecake Cookie Dough Parfaits from Lemon Tree Dwelling
Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Cheesecake Pie from Crazy for Crust
Cookie Dough Oreos from Something Swanky
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Scotcharoos from The Gunny Sack
Snickerdoodle Cookie Dough Truffles from Back For Seconds
Double Chocolate Mint Cookie Dough Dip from Kitchen Meets Girl
Monster Cookie Dough Ice Cream from Mom On Timeout
Cookie Dough Tiramisu Grandbaby Cakes
Cookie Dough Doughnuts from The Domestic Rebel
Fried Dulce de Leche Cookie Dough from Simply Gloria
Espresso Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream from Beyond Frosting
No bake peanut butter and chocolate bars from Roxana’s Home Baking
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Mocha Cupcakes from Lemons for Lulu
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 6 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup cold heavy whipping cream
- 12-16 ladyfinger cookies
- 1 cup cool coffee for dipping
- Shaved chocolate and mini chocolate chips for Garnish
- Add butter and brown sugar to bowl of your mixture and mix on high until light and fluffy. Next turn down mixer to lower speed and add in flour, then condensed milk and vanilla extract and whip until smooth.
- Lastly, add in chocolate chips and slowly mix until well combined. Set cookie dough aside.
- To the bowl of your mixer, add egg yolks and 1/2 cup of granulated sugar and mix on high speed until pale yellow and thick.
- Add in mascarpone and blend until well combined.
- Remove mascarpone mixture from mixer and add to a separate bowl and put aside.
- After cleaning the bowl and mixer attachment, add egg whites to mixer and beat until foamy.
- Slowly add in 1/4 cup of sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Remove meringue from mixer and add to a separate bowl and set aside.
- Lastly, add whipping cream to clean mixer bowl. On high, mix in remaining 1/4 cup of sugar until whipped cream with stiff peaks has form.
- Fold whipped cream into mascarpone mixture then fold in meringue and set final mascarpone cream aside.
- Carefully dip both sides of ladyfingers into coffee and place on the bottom of a 8x8 or 8x10 sized baking sheet until the full bottom is covered.
- Next spread a layer of cookie dough on top of ladyfingers.
- Then spread a layer of mascarpone cream on top of cookie dough.
- Repeat layers again beginning with ladyfingers and ending with mascarpone cream on top.
- Top with shaved chocolate and mini chocolate chips.
- Cover tiramisu and refrigerate for at least 5 hours or overnight and serve.