Homemade Garlic Bread Recipe: Want to learn how to make homemade garlic bread? I will teach you how to make the easiest homemade garlic bread recipe with a delicious garlic bread spread from scratch.
I didn’t grow up eating homemade garlic bread. My mom was just too busy for that. Between a 9-5 (sometimes 9-6 or 7), a husband and two demanding kids in numerous activities, she was spread pretty thin. Looking back, I seriously have no idea how she was able to cook dinner for us at least 5 times a week! She guess she just managed to make things convenient so they worked for her. If garlic bread was served, it was served from a frozen box labeled Texas Toast alongside her famous spaghetti at dinner time. Then one day, something happened. Our local grocery store started selling homemade garlic bread in their bakery section.
My mom decided to try it out and brought home a sliced loaf that looked really delicious even in non-baked form. She popped it in the oven as she was finishing her famous spaghetti and something magical occurred at dinner. I was totally changed! Texas Toast was kicked to the curb.
I had no idea homemade garlic bread could be so delicious. I also didn’t know learning how to make homemade garlic bread could be so easy. I guess you could say I became a bit obsessed with it. I probably asked my mom to buy this bread at least once or twice a week. Sometimes I would deceptively place it in the shopping cart behind bigger items so it would make it to the check out counter. After eating factory produced garlic bread for so long, the taste of fresh bread topped with butter, minced garlic, olive oil and parsley was divine and a real eye opener.
When I started cooking on my own in college, I learned how to make an easy homemade garlic bread bread and never turned back. Now its time to teach you how to make garlic bread! I created a recipe for garlic bread that was perfect for my busy lifestyle but also utterly delicious. This doesn’t take me long to make at all. I simply slice the bread, make the garlic butter spread, and bake it to perfection as I finish my famous spaghetti– which of course it’s my mom’s recipe. I hope you will begin making this recipe for garlic bread in your own home, and soon you will be showing others the ease of how to make garlic bread. Also make sure you check out the video above so you can truly see just how easy it is to make this recipe.
Sidebar: Did you know that this is one of my most popular recipes on the blog? If you love this recipe, you will love these other popular recipes as well! Check out my sidebar for the
and the Best Fried Chicken Recipes on the internet!
I used some of these products for this recipe:
- 1 fresh roll of french, bagette, or italian bread (whichever you prefer)
- 1 stick salted butter, at room temperature
- 4 teaspoons finely minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons parmesan cheese (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut bread roll in half lengthwise.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together butter, minced garlic, garlic powder, parsley, olive oil and parmesan cheese until well combined.
- Liberally spread garlic butter mixture on each half of bread.
- Bake bread for 10-14 minutes or until bread is crisp and top is golden brown.
- Tip: If you want to brown the top even more, turn your broiler on for 1-2 minutes but watch carefully so your bread doesn't burn!!
- Cut bread into slices and serve.