I’ve got a great recipe up on Better Homes and Gardens Delish Dish today: New Orleans BBQ Shrimp and Grits. This recipe was so much fun to make for brunch last week that I decided I would make it again this weekend as well!
I simply started with BHG’s New Orleans Inspired BBQ Shrimp recipe and added a few touches before serving it over a creamy and cheesy bowl of grits. It was fantastic, and the perfect simple and delicious creole meal to try.
For those that love shrimp and grits but haven’t given it a try at home yet, this is a great and simple recipe that you will enjoy for sure! I am so glad I stumbled across it because it definitely has changed my brunch routine up a bit adding some cajun kick and creole flair. So head over to BHG’s Delish Dish and check out the incredible changes I made to their already awesome recipe now!
Shrimp Recipe Slightly Adapted from Better Homes and Gardens
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 12 cloves garlic, smashed and peeled
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 pound fresh or frozen large shrimp in shells, peeled (if desired) and deveined
- 2 cups cooked grits
- To garnish, diced green onions and diced bacon
- In a large cast-iron skillet, combine olive oil, butter, garlic, bay leaves, and thyme.
- In a medium bowl, combine sherry, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, and kosher salt.
- Add shrimp. Toss to combine. Add shrimp mixture to the hot skillet.
- Add diced tomatoes and cook and stir shrimp for about 2 minutes then add in heavy cream and turn heat down to reduce and thicken sauce (but don't cook too long, don't overcook the shrimp).
- Serve shrimp over cooked grits and garnish with diced green onions and bacon.