I grew up adoring peach ice cream, and explain my childhood ties to the ice cream in my post but it was something I can vividly remember adoring each and every summer growing up. The BHG Fresh Peach Ice Cream recipe definitely brought some wonderful memories of those days back to my mind.
With peach season all the way in gear now, I can make this ice cream every single weekend, which would delight me in ways I can’t even explain. By adding some lovely raspberries to the final recipe, I kicked up the fruit flavor, and in my mind, justified the extra bowl I enjoyed due to the addition of fruit, nutrients and antioxidants.
This peach raspberry ice cream was a delightful recipe, and I am glad I can share it today. Click on over to BHG Delish Dish and check out the full recipe!
Recipe slightly adapted from Better Homes and Gardens
- 1 1/2 pounds ripe peaches, peeled and pitted (5 medium)
- 3 cups half-and-half or light cream
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 6 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 quart fresh raspberries
- Cut peaches into chunks and place in a food processor or blender. Cover and process or blend until smooth. Measure 2 cups of the peach puree for the ice cream; cover and chill.
- Find the rest of the instructions on BHG Delish Dish