My perfectly chewy and delicious salted caramel chocolate chip cookies will become your favorite cookie recipe ever! A classic gets an update when stuffed with caramel and topped with sea salt.
I make bomb cookies. Seriously I kill the cookie game and have been slaying it for years. They should write songs about my chocolate chip cookies, and if someone doesn’t soon, I will write one, record a song in the studio and pitch it to all the local radio studios. My cookie game is that good.
What makes my original chewy chocolate chip cookie recipe so masterful is the perfect texture. It doesn’t get any better, that is unless you decide to stuff it with caramel and sprinkle on some sea salt. I actually surprised myself with how insanely amazing these are.
I love caramel and bringing the worlds of my chocolate chip cookies and caramel together was the best idea I have had in a while. I am elated it turned out so wonderfully. The cookies are much bigger than the standard cookie but the result is more deliciousness right? No complaints here!
I baked these a little longer than I usually do to get more golden color and a bit of crispiness on the edges but if you love them chewier just bake them for a shorter amount of time. Gosh I love these. Now I am pleased to share the perfection with you. May the forces (of love) be with you.
I used these products for this recipe:
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1½ cups packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg plus 2 egg yolks at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Individual wrapped caramels (make sure they are soft like the ones I list above)
- Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.In a medium sized bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, salt, baking powder and baking soda and put aside.
- In the bowl of your mixer, add butter and both granulated and brown sugars and cream together for 3-4 minutes on high until light and fluffy.
- Next add in eggs one at a time beating until incorporated. Then add in pure vanilla extract and beat until smooth.
- Turn down your mixer to low and add in flour mixture in three intervals beating after each addition until well-combined. Lastly, stir in chocolate chips.
- Place dough in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour. Two hours is even better.
- Scoop cookie dough in balls the size of a tablespoon. Add an unwrapped caramel to the center of 1 ball of dough then add another ball of dough to cover the caramel. Roll into one larger ball of dough
- and place on parchment paper lined cookie sheet at least 1½ inches apart.
- Bake 11-14 minutes. Cookies may seem a little undone but remove from oven if you like them soft and chewy. If you want them more crisp, bake 14 minutes or longer.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and serve.