Spinach and Bacon Hash Brown Quiche: A delightful classic quiche recipe gets an update. This Spinach and bacon hash brown quiche is perfect for your brunch entertaining.
Hello everyone! It feels good to be back from Mexico though I am missing vacay mode just a wee bit. I did return with a few things however. I’ve got a tan, I’ve got a calm spirit, and I’ve got a rested body so I am returning in great spirits. I recently broke my quiche rookie status with this gem of a recipe which is on BHG Delish Dish: Spinach and Bacon Hash Brown Quiche!
This spinach and bacon hash brown quiche is absolutely delightful, and bakes up like a dream. I replaced the traditional pie crust with a beautifully crunchy and tender hash brown crust that will make you go bananas! This quiche is going to make an appearance every weekend in my house because it is that good.
I am sure you can already imagine how wonderful spinach and bacon are in a luscious and smooth egg custard with melted cheese throughout but it is even more sensational baked on a bed of hash brown potatoes. I fell in love, and I know you will too.
So hop below and check out the recipe and get your quiche on!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (20 ounce) package refrigerated hash browns
- ½ cup chopped onion (1 medium)
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 8 beaten eggs
- ½ cup dairy sour cream
- ½ cup half-and-half, light cream, or milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground white pepper
- Dash ground nutmeg (optional)
- 3 cups lightly packed chopped fresh spinach
- ⅔ cup shredded mozzarella cheese (about 3 ounces)
- ½ cup shredded Swiss cheese (2 ounces)
- Cherry tomatoes, cut up (optional)
- Begin by heating olive oil over medium high heat in a non-stick skillet.
- Add hash browns and continue to cook until tender and golden brown. Press hashbrowns into the bottom of a pie plate or skillet creating a crust.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook onion and bacon until onion is tender and bacon is crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- In a bowl stir together eggs, sour cream, half-and-half, salt, pepper, and, if desired, nutmeg. Stir in onion mixture, spinach, cheeses and tomatoes.
- Pour egg mixture into the hashbrown crust. Bake in the 325 degree F oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. If necessary, cover edge of crust with foil to prevent overbrowning. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. If desired, garnish with cherry tomatoes.