Get your grill going, and add these classic grilled tequila lime marinated chicken breasts to your summer menus right away! Flavorful and so tasty!
June is here, and this is my special month y’all. It’s my birthday month, the weather is stable and warm in Chicago (which means I could make this grilled tequila lime chicken recipe), and I have been feeling pretty darn good lately. With writing my first book behind me (thank you for all the amazing support by the way!), I have been concentrating on new things and really asking more of those life questions that inevitably pop up when you are looking at a bday in the near future. Questions like, “What do I want to accomplish next?”, “What is in store for my 34 year old self?”, “What haven’t I crossed off my bucket list?” and “What is my true purpose?” are swimming in my mind.
As I get close to finishing out my Jesus year, which I talked about last year at exactly the same time that I’m writing this post, I am also trying to figure out ways I can take it easier on myself. I realized I can be a bit tough on myself. From the time I was little, I was a bit of an overachiever. Everything had to be perfect, whether it was the recitation of my lines in a play or the turnout in my pliés in ballet class. I have carried this obsession throughout my life, from my Magna Cum Laude and honor society status in college to being one of the most praised employees at my jobs.
Having a career in blogging was probably the most unexpected turn someone like me could take. My overachieving tendencies seem more fit for corporate America. When I first entered blogging, I was confronted with competition and rejection sure but I was also confronted with the most supportive community of food bloggers that embraced me like family. In this career, I didn’t have to be absolutely perfect. In fact, discussing my flaws with readers is appreciated and downright relatable. I started to see that my blogger pals were actually happy to see me win, and were there for me when I didn’t. We share information, headache and passion, and there is nothing like it.
After Grandbaby Cakes became my dream full-time job over a year ago, I realized just how blessed I was. There is nothing I would rather be doing right now, and at the age of almost 34, I feel pretty good about my future being a happy, albeit flawed one. I mean seriously, where else can I make the most flavorful grilled tequila lime chicken breasts, share the recipe with you and call that my “job”?
- 1 cup tequila
- 1 cup fresh lime juice and 1 tablespoon fresh lime zest
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Worchestershire
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts (I sliced mine in half to make then thinner)
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Garnish: Chopped cilantro and lime zest
- Whisk together tequila, lime juice, lime zest, orange juice, olive oil and worchestershire sauce until combined.
- Pour marinade into large plastic storage bag then submerge chicken, close storage bag and store in refrigerator for at least 3 hours or overnight for more intensified flavor.
- When ready to grill, remove chicken from marinade and season with salt and pepper, and evenly with paprika and garlic powder.
- Grill chicken on all sides until cooked through then remove from grill, cover with foil and rest to allow juices to settle.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and lime zest and serve.