Cajun Shrimp Zoodles, a lighter twist on my classic cajun shrimp pasta. It still packs plenty of flavor!
I zoodled peeps. This is new for me so bear with me and my overboard excitement. For the last year, I have seen so many of my colleagues getting into the spiralized movement. Many a days, I sat by watching them replace their calorie and carb laden pasta with beautiful spirals of vegetables and longed for a taste. Well now I have officially tried my hand at it, and it couldn’t be easier!
I used a new product called The Inspiralizer from my blogger friend Ali of Inspiralized. The product was so so simple to use. Within minutes of removing it from the box, I was creating luscious zoodles. I figured starting with zucchini would be easy since I have seen it done so many times. It was a nice way to ease in as a beginner. I could simply replace the zoodles in a newer version of one of my favorite pasta dishes with a cajun flavor profile.
I simmer the zoodles in a sauce of chicken broth (replacing the previous chicken stock) and added a bit of coconut milk instead of cream to the base for thickening. The zoodles, along with diced tomato, onion, green and red peppers and shrimp and chicken sausage were such a satisfying meal that I didn’t crave the original pasta I was so used to consuming. I felt energized, and everything was delicious. I seriously can’t wait to try more vegetables and recipes out with this fantastic tool. You may be seeing more healthy recipes make their way onto Grandbaby Cakes, with my delicious comforting twist of course.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ pound shrimp
- salt and pepper
- 2 chicken sausages, sliced
- ½ onion, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- ½ red pepper, sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ can diced tomatoes
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ⅓ cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 zucchini spiralized (zoodles)
- Cajun seasoning to taste
- Garnish: parsley
- Add olive oil to a large pot over medium high heat.
- Next add shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Add in sliced sausage and cook until completely cooked through and then remove from pot and put on a separate plate.
- Add onion and sliced peppers and cook until tender and a bit browned.
- Next add in garlic and cook for 30 seconds then toss around then add in tomatoes.
- Pour in chicken broth, wine, coconut milk, worcestershire and hot sauce and whisk together. Next add in zoodles and allow them to cook until tender.
- Turn heat down to medium and allow sauce to thicken some.
- Add back in shrimp and sausage.
- Season with cajun seasoning to taste.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
Disclaimer: This post was not sponsored by The Inspiralizer. However I was given the product for sampling.