Through the ingredients for this Omaha Steaks slow cooker chicken chili right in your crockpot and hours later, you will have the most sensational and flavorful chili ever!
Who is out there tailgating? I still have never done it but I think I might start!
While I’m not that into football, I am definitely into the parties, especially the food (who isn’t right?). My favorite recipe that makes any tailgating event a success is a good wholesome and comforting chili.
Chili is such a fantastic fall recipe that blends the most sensational flavors into a hearty stew of meat and beans (depending on who you ask). I decided that creating a slow cooker version that could be transported to any tailgating party or could even be made on a busy weeknight would be an excellent menu item to have in my arsenal for the next few months as the weather cools down even more.
I’m pretty sure that most of us are familiar with the traditional red colored chili made with ground meat, chili powder and sometimes kidney beans. This white chicken chili, however, is a great change of pace that doesn’t skimp on any of the flavor you love in your original recipe. I started this recipe with Omaha Steaks frozen chicken breasts. You don’t have to thaw the chicken at all. How easy is that? You simply add the chicken breasts, along with chicken stock and several spices and flavors to the slow cooker and let it cook away. The last part of this recipe is adding in the beans and onion about 40 minutes before the chili is complete.
This is such a simple recipe that is absolutely delicious. I can guarantee this recipe will make you quite popular at all the tailgating parties this fall.
Ready to try this out for yourself? Find the recipe on Omaha Steaks’ blog Steakbytes now!
- 4 Omaha Steaks chicken breasts, frozen
- 1 (32 ounces) container chicken stock
- 1⅓ cup fresh salsa verde
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 cans cannelini beans, drained
- 1 medium onion, diced
- Optional: 2 tablespoons flour or cornstarch, for thickening
- Cilantro for garnishing
- Add chicken breasts, chicken stock, salsa verde, lime juice, bouillon cubes, cumin, garlic powder, seasoned salt, and crushed red pepper to your slow cook and cook on low for 6-8 hours (or on high with 3-4 hours).
- About 40 minutes before chicken is complete, shred chicken with two forks in liquid.
- Pour in beans and onions, and continue to cook for the remaining 40 minutes.
- If using, carefully whisk in flour and allow sauce to thicken.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve. This is perfect with homemade cornbread.
Disclosure: I was compensated by Omaha Steaks for this post but all opinions expressed here are my own.