These Gingerbread Pancakes with Eggnog Syrup using Safest Choice Eggs will become your new favorite holiday breakfast!
Pancakes are my spirit animal. They understand me, and I understand them. Whenever I have a bad day, they are my refuge. When I have a great day, they are my celebration tool. That’s right! Pancakes and I go together like peanut butter and jelly.
I have shared quite a few pancake recipes on this site from insanely decadent ones (like my Oreo Pancakes) to the most delicious for a classic breakfast (like my Brown Sugar Pancakes with Bacon Butter). These Gingerbread Pancakes with Eggnog Syrup using Safest Choice Eggs can now be added to that growing list as one of my favorites for the holidays. We all know and love gingerbread cookies during the holiday season but I also know that they aren’t quite ideal for breakfast (though they are definitely acceptable in my mind).
A stack of these easily hold their own on the holiday breakfast table and give you all the sensational flavors you know and love during this time of year. The pancake batter is one of my favorite traditional batters made with Safest Choice but I added some familiar gingerbread flavors like molasses, ginger and cinnamon to liven it up.
The icing on the cake ummm pancake is a mixture of both pure maple syrup and classic Eggnog. Eggnog is one of my favorite things about the holiday season as well, and knowing that I can make it from scratch safely for my family using Safest Choice’s Pasteurized Eggs makes it even better. If you are looking for an incredible homemade eggnog recipe, check out THIS ONE from Safest Choice, and if you are searching for some amazing recipes using Eggnog (besides this keeper), you can browse their eggnog recipes HERE. And follow along on social media using the hashtag #SafeNog to check out what else is going on with Safest Choice and Eggnog land this December.
So get with the season (safely) and make a stack of these, along with an eggnog syrup that your family will not be able to refuse. Tis the season to make things as decadent as humanly possible. Happy Holidays!
- 1⅓ cups all-purpose flour plus 1 tablespoon
- 1¼ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons molasses
- 2 large Safest Choice eggs
- ¾ cup buttermilk or coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Extra butter for your griddle
- 1 cup Safest Choice Eggnog
- 1 cup Pure Maple Syrup
- Optional: Sugared Cranberries for Garnish
- In a large bowl, add flour, baking powder, ground ginger and cinnamon and whisk together until well mixed.
- Next add in molasses, eggs, milk, melted butter and vanilla extract and whisk until batter just comes together. Leave the lumps there. No need for a smooth batter.
- Heat a griddle or non stick skillet over medium heat and melt extra butter.
- Pour about ¼ of a cup of batter onto the griddle surface in a circular pattern and allow to sit until bubbles form and the bottom is golden brown and crisp.
- Flip over the pancake and cook until golden brown and crisp on the other side.
- Remove the pancake and place in a warm oven (about 225 degrees) and repeat the process until all pancakes are done.
- Add eggnog and maple syrup to a medium sized pot over medium high heat. Whisk together and heat until warmed then serve with pancakes. Optional: Garnish with sugared cranberries