Update your game eats with tons of flavor and spice! Blackened Shrimp Nachos are a must for your game day and Super Bowl menu!
I’m currently having a love affair with blackened shrimp. The flavor is so intense and delicious that I have found several ways to incorporate them into whatever I’m making. Because the shrimp are so easy and quick to make, I found myself making tacos, adding the shrimp to delicious stews, and of course, creating these sensational nachos.
I love appetizers like these that are decadent and absolutely addictive. They can be served for parties and game days or just for at home movie nights with the family. I could seriously even eat this for dinner.
The creation of this recipe couldn’t be any easier either. The simple layering of tortilla chips, pico de gallo, cheese and blackened shrimp results in something really quite sensational. The entire recipe only takes 15 minutes of prep and 10 minutes of baking. I could not get enough. And I bet you won’t either.
If you want to make your own blackened shrimp, you can easily saute a pound of deveined and peeled shrimp in a skillet with olive oil and blackened seasoning. That’s a great sub. Regardless you will enjoy this (probably more than the game!). And if you are looking for more Shrimp Nacho love, check out my Shrimp Nacho Potato Skins!
- 1 (1.15 lb) package Omaha Steaks blackened shrimp
- OR 1 pound deveined, peeled shrimp, 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 tablespoon blackened seasoning- Old Bay is awesome)
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- 1 jar fresh pico de gallo
- 1 package shredded Mexican cheese
- Optional: Cilantro for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- If using Omaha Steaks shrimp, prepare blackened shrimp according to package instructions then set shrimp aside.
- Or if you are making your own using shrimp, add 2 tablespoons olive oil to a cast iron or heavy bottom skillet over medium high heat. Season shrimp with blackened seasoning by adding to a bag and shaking the shrimp to make the seasoning stick evenly. Fry shrimp in an even layer for 2 minutes on each side and set aside.
- Next begin layering process. Add half of tortilla chips, followed by half of pico de gallo and half of cheese then repeat with remaining tortilla chips, pico de gallo and shredded cheese.
- Top nachos with shrimp and bake for 10-15 minutes or until everything has melted together and is hot and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes then top with cilantro (if desired) and serve.