Grandma’s Delicious Meatballs
The entire family, Five kids, spouses, boyfriends, grandchildren and any tag along friends would always end up at grandmas EVERY Sunday for Macaroni and Meatballs. Being a large close Italian family this is one of our many memories of good eats. We still do to this day (minus a few family members who have since passed) with as many or as few people are available in this day and age. Along with many other traditions and holidays all inclusive of good food and fun times with loved ones.
- 1.5 lbs of meatball mix (pork/beef/ veal)
- 2 eggs
- a hefty Tablespoon of chopped (minced size) garlic
- heavy shake of grated pecorino romano cheese
- two pieces of white bread (edges too) chopped small
- a large swirl of worcestershire, parsley, salt and pepper (Grandma's quote: you could never have enough seasoning.)
- Mix all together with your hands and make two inch balls.
- We use to fry them then add to the sauce but then we decided we needed a healthier version.
- We now bake at 400 degrees for twenty minutes, turn and do another 20 minutes, then we add to the sauce that slowly simmers for 4-6 hours on the stove.