Fried cabbage submitted by Jelisa Sails
My grandma passed when I was in the 4th grade. This was one of my favorite dishes that she made. It came second to the bacon and rice that she made us every morning.
- 4 strips of maple bacon
- 1 head of cabbage
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fry 4 strips of maple bacon in a pot. Take out and place bacon on paper towels.
- Place one tablespoon of butter to fry in skillet.
- Clean, and cut up cabbage in chunks.
- Place in skillet, lower heat, and put a lid on the pot.
- Once cabbage is cooked down, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Crumble set aside bacon and sprinkle on top of cabbage. Enjoy.