Lazy Day Cobbler submitted by Joan Osborne
My family loves this one. My Mom taught us all how to make it and even my great niece could make it when she was just a little girl. She still often asks to make it for family gatherings. My Mom is no longer with us but when we make this recipe we can feel her love. We’ve used almost every kind of fruit including canned pineapple tidbits which is a favorite of my son. Rhubarb is great too. Peach, apple, blackberry, and strawberry are also some of our families favorites.
- stick of butter or margarine
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup milk
- about 3 cups of any kind of fruit (if your fruit is tart you may want to add a little sugar to it)
- you can also use a large can of fruit juice and all
- Melt butter in casserole dish in 375 degree oven.
- Mix flour, sugar and milk and pour into pan.
- Top with fruit and bake for about 40 minutes or until browned and bubbly. Good warm or cold.