Lime pound cake submitted by Gloria Pierce
I learned this recipe from my mom and I just it as my basis pound cake recipe but I just change up the flavors by using different extracts and yogurt flavors, I have also made it using fresh fruit like peaches that have been put in the blender and added peach yogurt. It is so good like a peach cobbler mix with a poundcake.
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- Zest And juice 1 lime
- Lime pudding mix (dry)
- Lime (or lemon) yogurt
- ¼ cup milk (so that yogurt and milk together is 1 cup)
- Sift all dry ingredients in one bowl.
- Cream butter with mixer on low then add sugar and continue mixing on low about 1 minute until creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Pour yogurt and mix in cup together them alternate adding flour mixture and milk mixture into bowl with butter mixture.
- Add flavor mix in with spoon.
- Pour into well grease and floured bundt pan and bake about an hour and a half in 325 until done. Cool then remove from pan.
- You can drizzle with lime juice and powder sugar mixture or serve without.