No summer grill is complete without my Marinated Skirt Steak with Chimichurri! Absolutely delicious and so flavorful!
I told myself I would never put a skirt steak with chimichurri on the blog because we know how overdone it has been. However, after I made mine, I said I couldn’t deprive you of this recipe. I would never be able to forgive myself ha! As we come towards the end of summer, I went back and forth and decided to just share this gem before the warm weather left for good.
The flavor is unreal. Because of the texture of skirt steak, I wanted to make sure I added a marinade that would really infuse a ton of flavor and also help to tenderize the meat. Ingredients like lime juice and soy sauce add acid to really break down the toughness of the steak, and it couldn’t taste better if you ask me.
If you have the time, really marinade this overnight. You won’t regret it. You could also use a flank steak for this recipe as well. You will get great results either way. This steak is absolutely sensational on its own. Like seriously, I kept snacking on it all night. However once you add my chimichurri sauce, it takes this recipe to a whole nother level y’all.
This chimichurri is so fresh with clean flavors. It is a wonderful accent to this dish. The flavors just come together so perfectly with the steak. I have made this recipe twice in the last couple of weeks, and I can’t get enough. I know you won’t either.
- ⅔ cup olive oil
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- ⅓ cup fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons apple cider or red wine vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound Skirt Steak
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- ¼-1/3 cup olive oil
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Optional: ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Whisk all of the ingredients together and pour into a large ziploc bag.
- Add skirt steak to ziploc bag with marinade and allow to marinade overnight preferably.
- When ready to grill, liberally season with salt and pepper.
- Grill until golden brown and perfectly charred then allow to rest before slicing on a cutting board.
- Add all of the ingredients to a heavy duty blender or food processor and blend until everything is chopped up and smooth then serve. Seriously that easy.