Easy Blueberry Pancakes – These pancakes are made with just 5 ingredients plus fresh blueberries. A perfectly delightful and easy recipe from the new Fast and Easy Five-Ingredient Recipes Cookbook by Sweetphi.
I’m busy, and y’all are too. I won’t even pretend to understand how hectic your lives are right now. No matter how crazy life gets, I still want to indulge in the little things and make special moments for my family and I. Whenever I’m home, a lovely breakfast with my husband makes me appreciate the little things. It makes me press pause and catch up on our lives.
To make those family moments, I sometimes rely on the simpliest and most convenient recipes. For breakfast, I could easily grab a box of pancake mix but why do that when I could make pancakes with just five ingredients in a few minutes? My girl Phi of Sweetphi has made that possible with her brand new cookbook Fast and Easy Five-Ingredient Recipes: A Cookbook for Busy People. This is the cookbook most of us busy folks have been waiting on.
I seriously found so many amazing recipes I wanted to try but of course considering how much I adore pancakes and post them constantly here (these brown sugar ones and french toast inspired ones are awesome), I decided that a fast weekend breakfast for me and the hubby would be nice. And fast it was! I was able to customize the simple recipe with a few blueberries that are in season, and it worked like a charm.
The batter is light and fluffy, and the pancakes turn out the perfect texture. I love a nice golden brown exterior so I cooked mine in a little butter. I also love that hint of butter flavor it adds. These are absolutely sensational right off of the griddle with butter and pure maple syrup. I couldn’t have asked for a better or faster breakfast. My girl Phi has done me and so many others a true solid by writing this book, and I plan on using a ton more of her recipes this year.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½-1 cup fresh blueberries
- Heat a griddle or nonstick skillet over high heat.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar and baking soda and mix.
- Make a well in the center (just indent with the back of your mixing spoon) and crack the egg into the well. Pour the buttermilk on top of the egg, stir from the center to break the egg yolk, and continue to stir until only a few small clumps are left (a few small clumps are okay; don't overmix).
- Gently fold in the blueberries and set aside.
- Spray the griddle with cookie spray (or use butter like I like to). With a 2 tablespoon cookie scoop or a spoon. Scoop about 2 tablespoons of pancake batter and pour onto the griddle. Cook for about 4 minutes on each side and then flip and cook for another 1 or 2 minutes.
- Repeat until all pancakes are made, then serve warm.