Brown Butter Maple Bacon Popcorn Recipe- The flavors are perfectly sweet and salty resulting in an addictive movie night snack or Super Bowl treat!
Welp, this has certainly been a busy year already for me. I haven’t posted much food thus far but I am definitely testing a ton more recipes in my kitchen than last year. That’s because I have been spending most of this month testing recipes for my BRAND NEW COOKBOOK. Gosh I am so glad I can finally just get that out in the open.
There are so many fears that come along with writing another cookbook. These fears are slightly different from the previous anxieties I had when writing my first book. I’m wondering if anyone will love my next book as much as they loved my first one. I am feeling all the pressure in the world. Everyday I tell myself, just do your best Joce, and it will all be ok.
So to relax, I decided to make an easy snack recipe that will be absolutely perfect for the Super Bowl and any day of the week if you ask me! My Brown Butter Maple Bacon Popcorn recipe is bananas y’all! I almost ate an entire bowl of it and totally had to stop myself. I tested this recipe because I’m making it on the Today Show next week on Tuesday (check me out early that morning during the 8 am hour).
The flavors of this Brown Butter Maple Bacon Popcorn recipe are balanced with salty and sweet flavors and a slightly nutty flavor from the browning of the butter. The browned butter really intensified the essence in each bite. I added just enough maple syrup (make sure it is pure) to give it a sweet kick.
And then of course there is the bacon. I added bacon bits AND bacon grease. Gosh was this heavenly! You will definitely want to get down on this my friends. Make it now! Don’t delay!
- 8 cups plain popped yellow kernel popcorn
- 8 bacon slices
- ½ cup salted butter
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt plus more for the top if desired
- Pop 8 cups of yellow kernel popcorn according to instructions and add to a large bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Add bacon to a baking rack over a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes or until crispy and golden brown. Save bacon drippings. Once bacon is cool, break bacon into small pieces or cut into small pieces.
- In a medium sized pan, melt butter over medium heat. Allow butter to brown until tiny brown specks appear and a nutty aroma develops. Once butter has browned, turn heat to low and whisk in maple syrup, half of the bacon drippings, half of the bacon bits and salt.
- Pour butter syrup over popcorn and fold over to evenly coat. Add remaining bacon on top of the butter and serve.