Caramel Pretzel Brownies Recipe: A perfect twist on your favorite bars! These are full of chocolate and caramel flavor; they are perfectly dense and fudgy; and the crunch of the pretzels is perfection!
Ready for one more Super Bowl recipe? I thought you might be. I am definitely ready for one more considering that I am not big into football in the least bit. In fact, the only reason why I watch the game is because I can make awesome game day treats.
So in the end, Game Day Treats > Super Bowl or any football. What’s wrong with me? I have no idea why I’m not into the Big Game or any football game for that matter. I decided that if anything can get me in the football mood, it is probably this Caramel Pretzel Brownies recipe.
Ok so let me tell you about these Caramel Pretzel Brownies. They are crazy!!! The texture of these brownies tastes almost like a dense yet rich flourless chocolate cake. The crumb is moist and packed so tight that each bite melts in your mouth. The chocolate flavor is deep and intense that chocolate lovers will scream out in joy.
Now on their own, they are sensational but when you add a little caramel and pretzels to these babies, you take it to extraordinary. You simply swirl caramel through the top of the brownies, and the flavor just compliments the chocolate so wonderfully. I also love the look of the pretzel on top, and I absolutely adore the crunch and salty flavor of it when coupled with the rich chocolate and caramel. These are seriously so sensational. I will be making them on the Today Show tomorrow so make sure you tune in (during the 8 am hour) to check it out!
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup caramel sauce
- 16 tiny twist pretzels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare 8x8 sized baking pan with parchment paper and non-stick spray.
- In a medium sized pot over medium heat, add butter, both sugars, cocoa powder and salt and whisk together over the heat until it becomes nice and smooth (about 2-3 minutes).
- Next turn down heat and carefully add eggs, one at a time, constantly stirring as you add them so they don’t scramble then add vanilla extract.
- Lastly remove pot from heat and whisk in flour until well incorporating. The batter will be nice, silky and dark chocolate in color.
- Add half of brownie batter to 8x8 sized baking pan and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven then evenly layer caramel over baked brownies and spread remaining brownie batter on the top of the caramel. Using a skewer or a knife, swirl the caramel and brownie batter together on top. Lastly, add four rows of four pretzels on top of the brownies.
- Bake an additional 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out just barely clean. Don't overbake.
- Remove brownies and cool on cooling rack then cut and serve.