Perfect Blueberry Streusel Muffins Recipe- Deliciously moist, light and juicy blueberry muffins with a sensational crumbly streusel topping.
I took a serious break from baked breakfast foods, and I must admit, I missed it so much! I’m a strong muffin lover. Particularly blueberry muffins. They make me weak in the knees when done right.
I love a blueberry muffin fresh out of the oven primed and ready to be slathered in a rich European butter. I get down like that. Seriously my muffin game is not to be messed with.
That’s why I needed to share this recipe with you because once I finally decided to give in to my muffin weakness, I decided to do it with this Perfect Blueberry Streusel Muffins recipe. I baked a delicious batch on Saturday morning, and my entire home smelled like comfort.
These muffins are absolutely sensational. I love the pure flavor of them. They aren’t overly sweet like a cupcake because they really let the blueberries shine. The texture is so moist, soft and tender which is pretty amazing considering that I used all-purpose wheat flour but the difference is all in White Lily Flour. Their wheat flour is not overpowering at all and still tender enough to compare to your classic all-purpose white variety. I tore one apart just so I could see the gorgeous inside.
My favorite part, however, is the fantastic streusel on top. It adds the perfect flavorful crunch to the tenderest of muffins. And it also adds a sweet note too, kinda like the frosting on top of a cupcake. These muffins are the perfect way to start your morning, and you might become addicted like I did.
Here are some other amazing muffin recipes you should definitely check out.
Disclosure: This Blueberry Streusel Muffins recipe post is sponsored by White Lily but all opinions expressed here are my own. Thank you for the partnership.
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- ⅔ cup canola oil
- ½ cup sour cream, room temperature
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pure lemon extract
- 2¾ cups White Lily all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1¼ cups fresh blueberries
- ½ cup White Lily all purpose wheat flour
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease muffin pan or add muffin liners to pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, oil, sour cream, milk, vanilla and lemon extracts until well combined.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt and add to the wet ingredients and whisk until combined but do not over mix (you don’t want tough muffins, do you?).
- Carefully fold in blueberries. Using a trigger ice cream scooper, scoop batter into muffin cups.
- Cut the cold butter into the sugar and flour until it resembles crumbs (this can be done with a fork or even with your hands). Sprinkle this mixture over the muffins.
- Bake 23-25 minutes. Start checking the oven around 17 minutes. Make sure to check your muffins around the 20-21 minute mark since ovens tend to misbehave sometimes.
- Let the muffins cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then release from pan and cool on a wire rack. Enjoy!!