Easy Citrus Shrimp Recipe – An easy and effortless shrimp recipe filled with wonderful lemon and orange flavor notes that elevates weeknight meals.
Effortless. Can that please be my word for the rest of 2017? I mean seriously! This week I am doing a TED Talk. Yep you read that right. A freakin TED Talk! I couldn’t be more excited about it. My topic is all about brand authenticity so I truly feel like everything I say will flow straight from my heart and soul. If you want to tune in this Saturday, you can watch on the live stream HERE.
So because I’m doing a freakin TED Talk, everything else in my life has been about being as effortless and chill as humanly possible. I’ve been working on my outline, script, slideshow and nerves for the last four months to prepare so everything else has to be low maintenance. That’s where this Citrus Shrimp recipe from my boo Robyn Stone’s new cookbook Add A Pinch: Easier, Faster, Fresher Southern Classics comes in.
What I absolutely love about Robyn’s recipes are that she takes Southern to a modern level. I feel the Southern love in her roots and her flavors however she makes it fresher for families looking for simple newer options.
Her new cookbook was just what I was missing in my collection. The South runs deep in my veins. But I know the heart, soul, labor of love and time cooking that food can mean. Robyn invokes all of that love with effortless (there’s that word again) recipes such as this.
I am such a lover of shrimp so the fact that I was able to get this Citrus Shrimp recipe on the table in less than 20 minutes was pretty impressive. I couldn’t get enough of the beautiful citrus notes throughout that added so much flavor and intensity in a very relaxed way. I halved the recipe since it was just for the hubby and I during the week, and it was perfect for us with a few leftovers, which I ate for lunch the next day. You should definitely check out this cookbook. I cannot wait to cook and bake from it again and again.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium orange, cut into wedges
- 1 medium lemon, cut into wedges
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the olive oil, orange juice, lemon juice, garlic, onion, 2 teaspoons of the parsley, and pepper. Pour the mixture into a large skillet set over medium heat. Pour the mixture into a large skillet set over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and cook until reduced by half, 5 to 8 minutes. Add the shrimp, cover, and cook until they turn pink, about 5 minutes. Top with the remaining parsley.
- Serve with the orange and lemon wedges on the side.