Crispy Skillet Garlic Chicken Recipe – Moist chicken thighs are marinated in flavors grounded in delicious garlic and seasonings and added to a cast iron skillet to brown until crispy!
Easy and flavorful weeknight dinners are becoming more and more important to me. This fall is shaping up to be a busy one. Work is crazier than ever, which I am so so grateful for, and of course, I have my BabyCakes gearing up to make her fantastic debut this winter as well.
I would seriously be lying to you if I didn’t admit that I’m feeling a bit overwhelmed. I’m halfway through my pregnancy, and my to-do list is growing and growing but time is getting shorter and shorter. Tasks like getting the nursery together, finding a pediatrician, organizing my registry, etc. etc. etc. are clouding my brain, and that’s just the personal stuff!
My work travel schedule has been a doozy, and I am writing my second cookbook. I’ve tried to keep a handle on everything the best way I know how, which unfortunately usually means working myself into a frenzy. However, I don’t think that is the best way to deal this time around so I know I am going to have to pull back on some things regardless of if I want to or not for the sake of my health and sanity. I’m used to hustling so resting isn’t usually my thing but I’m willing to do what I need to do.
Meals like this Crispy Skillet Garlic Chicken recipe are helping me stay on task to eating pretty healthy but also not wasting a ton of time on preparing dinner. I just don’t have the time anymore. However I hardly feel guilty when dinner comes out as delicious as this. This recipe is a hit y’all! The flavors are insanely incredible.
If you love garlic, you will get a ton of that flavor in this. The marinade is to die for. Every ounce of flavor in the seasonings comes through in the skin of the chicken. Now let’s talk skin! I’m talking perfectly crisp browned chicken thigh skin with moist insides that melt in your mouth. Each bite is infused with flavor, and you won’t be able to get enough. With all my families out there struggling to keep it together with the school year in full swing, turn to this option for weeknight dinner.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 5-6 bone-in skin on chicken thighs
- Garnish: Cilantro, parsley and limes
- Preheat oven to 435 degrees.
- In a medium sized bowl, add 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, minced garlic, lime juice, cilantro, parsley, brown sugar, garlic salt, cumin, cayenne, and black pepper and whisk together until well combined.
- Add the chicken thighs directly into a the marinade and toss making sure the chicken is completely covered with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 45 minutes letting it soak into the chicken.
- Add remaining one tablespoon of olive oil and butter to cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken thighs skin down along with the marinade to the skillet. Sear the chicken for about 4-5 minutes on each side until you get a nice golden color and a beautiful crispy skin. Don't worry about the chicken not being cooked through yet.
- Transfer the chicken to preheated oven and bake until the chicken is totally cooked through with clear juices running (about 15-20 minutes).
- Garnish with cilantro and limes and enjoy!