Dark Chocolate and Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies – These perfect chewy cookies are absolutely perfect for the holiday season or anytime year round!!!
I love Naomi Robinson. I have loved her brand and everything she has done for sweets bloggers since i first started blogging. when i found out she was writing a cookbook, I think i squealed out loud. I was in a state of euphoria because I knew her work of art would be the ultimate! Absolutely incredible.
- 1⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cubed, divided
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt and cardamom. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt half of the butter (1/2 cup). Remove the pan from the heat and add the remaining butter to let the residual heat melt it. Add the brown sugar, granulated sugar, and vanilla, and whisk to combine. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, making sure the first one is fully combined before adding the next one.
- Add the wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir just until combined. Fold in the oats, chocolate chips, and cranberries.
- Using a medium cookie scoop or a tablespoon, drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto the baking sheets, 2 inches/5 cm apart.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the cookies are golden brown. The cookies will be slightly underbaked at this point, but they will continue to bake as they cool on the baking sheet. Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.