Eggnog Muddy Buddies – The ultimate holiday season snack for all of your entertaining needs! Eggnog never had it so good!
I’ve got a super fun holiday party coming up next week, and I am beyond excited. With the weather turning cold and the snow falling, the holiday season has really kicked into gear for me. There’s nothing that I enjoy more than spending time with friends and family at parties, sipping on a nice mug of warmed eggnog.
I’ve also been bitten by the entertaining bug. I love whipping up easy recipes that all of my guests can enjoy and don’t require a lot of effort or time from me. That’s where my Chex Party Mix recipe ideas come in. I personally hate when I attend parties and the host is stuck in the kitchen slaving away the entire time. I feel bad for them and I also have less fun because they aren’t in the party spirit as much as the guests are.
This is why I always depend on effortless and quick recipes that pack a fantastic flavor punch. These Eggnog Muddy Buddies are the perfect fit for any of your upcoming holiday parties. First of all, they are so delicious!!! They have the incredible flavor of eggnog that we all crave and love this time of year. I added in an extra kick of nutmeg and cinnamon to really turn up the flavor.
I also love the beautiful white color they turn and how they give off a glorious White Christmas vibe. I guess you could say the snow was definitely an inspiration. However at the end of the day, the ease is really a big selling factor on why you should be making this recipe right now! In the span of 15 minutes, your entire party mix is ready to go for guests. That means you can spend time with the ones you love instead of so much time in the kitchen. ‘Tis the season to entertain!
- 5 cups Rice Chex cereal
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup eggnog
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½-2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup holiday chocolate buttons
- Place the Rice Chex cereal in a large bowl.
- Add butter and chocolate chips to a small bowl and microwave until melted down then whisk together.
- Mix the eggnog and vanilla into the chocolate mixture and pour over the Chex to coat. Use a spatula to coat all of the cereal. It will be thick and sticky.
- Sprinkle all cereal with confectioner’s sugar then sprinkle with nutmeg and cinnamon. Some of the confectioner’s sugar will soak up some of the eggnog but continue to coat with confectioner’s sugar until the pieces look dry.
- Toss with chocolate buttons and serve.