Red Velvet Marble Cake Recipe – Vanilla and red velvet flavors get swirled in a perfectly tender, moist and absolutely decadent pound cake!!
It’s the most wonderful time of the year!!! My Christmas music is on full blast with my fave Christmas cds on repeat, and my house is feeling so festive and holiday ready. My baking is also in full throttle. Tis’ the season to holiday bake for your loved ones. Whether you are baking homemade gifts for family or getting treats ready to place under the tree for Santa, there is no better time to bake than during this time of year.
This Christmas, I am all about honoring classic flavors in new ways. Red velvet is such a quintessential holiday flavor. The color is just as festive as the taste. I’ve made the traditional layer red velvet cake for years and decided an update was needed.
This red velvet marble cake is the perfect twist on the classic. In fact, I think it is easier to make even though the stunning swirls throughout make it seem like a true revelation.
The base of the cake is Land O’ Lakes European Style Super Premium unsalted butter along with cream cheese. The butter really creates the most sensational rich flavor because of its higher fat content. It is incredible. I use this butter on everything from my morning toast to pie crusts, and it is even better in this cake.
The blending of both vanilla cake and red velvet flavored cake in a Bundt® pan is quite beautiful, and the taste is unreal. I can’t imagine how many compliments you will receive once you place this cake in front of people for the holidays.
Disclosure: I partnered with Land O’ Lakes for this Red Velvet Marble Pound Cake recipe post, but all opinions expressed here are my own. I am grateful for authentic partnerships like this.
- 1½ cups (3 sticks) Land O Lakes® European Style Super Premium Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or canola oil
- 6 large eggs, room temperature
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon red food coloring
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Start by preheating your oven to 325°F then liberally spray a 12-cup Bundt® pan with non-stick baking spray.
- In your mixer bowl, add butter and cream cheese and beat for two minutes on high speed. Next, slowly add in sugar and oil then continue beating on high speed for an additional five minutes until it’s a very pale yellow and fluffy.
- Next, add eggs, one at a time, combining well after each addition and scraping down the sides as needed.
- Turn your mixer down to its lowest speed, and slowly add flour into batter in two increments then add salt. Be careful not to overbeat.
- Lastly, add in vanilla extract, scrape down sides and mix until just combined and turn off mixer.
- Pour ½ of cake batter into a separate bowl and set aside. Whisk in cocoa powder, red food coloring and hot water until completely well mixed.
- Alternate dollops of vanilla and red velvet cake batter into Bundt® pan using a skewer to swirl batter.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 -20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then invert cake on serving plate for at least an hour or until the cake is cool to the touch.
- Mix cream cheese, powdered sugar, milk and vanilla extract until smooth then pour over top of cooled cake and serve.