Lemon Ricotta Pancakes Recipe – Fluffy, flavorful and absolute lemon perfection, these seasonal pancakes are just what you deserve for breakfast all winter long.
My winter mornings during January have already shifted and changed. I’m officially on maternity leave as much as a workaholic can possibly be. I’ve decided that my maternity leave won’t be exactly the same especially since I’m in mood to just get things done right now. Baby’s room is finished. Car seats are installed. Hospital bag is somewhat packed. I’m calm, cool and collected so writing and chatting with you makes me feel a bit better.
I wanted to share a recipe with you from a cookbook I have been meaning to share from for at least a year now. It is from A Cozy Coloring Book by my girl Adrianna Adarme of the lovely blog A Cozy Kitchen. Her Fluffy Lemon Ricotta Pancakes stood out to me for a few reasons, 1. I’m addicted to all things pancakes, 2. Lemon is in season right now and 3. Pancakes have got to be the easiest thing to make for breakfast with the greatest flavor payoff in my opinion.
As the days wind down to me meeting my Baby Cakes, I’ve started to soak up the final pieces of old Jocelyn before the full transition into “mommy” happens. Old Jocelyn loved whipping up pancakes and living in the moment. Old Jocelyn reveled in quiet mornings filled with pancakes and retrospection. I know those quiet mornings are coming to an end but I can’t help but feel excited about how different things will be soon. I’m just beyond grateful for it all.
Now these pancakes have the most incredible flavor. Lemon and ricotta are made for each other. And fluffy is the perfect adjective to describe them. They are now what I crave during my winter mornings. Here’s to fluffy lemon ricotta pancakes and calm mornings before life changes occur.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon, unsalted butter melted and cooled
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a large measuring cup, whisk together the milk, ricotta cheese, egg, lemon zest, vanilla and butter. Add to the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Grease a large skillet and heat over medium-low heat. For each pancake, pour ¼ cup of the batter into the skillet. Cook in batches, turning once, until golden brown on both sides. Repeat with the remaining batter.