Spicy Chocolate Martini- Mocktails have never tasted so decadent and delicious! You won’t crave any alcohol after tasting this!
I haven’t had an alcoholic drink in well over a year. I gave it up at the beginning of 2016 when my husband and I started the entire IVF process and haven’t had a drink since. I’m not sure I miss it all that terribly since I was never a huge drinker to begin with.
However there are moments when I think a glass of wine would certainly do the trick and then I realize that I’m not drinking and sparkling apple cider will have to be my sub of choice.
I never got too creative with my options for alcohol substitutions but I did order my fair share of mocktails when going out just to feel part of the crew. When my girl Nicole of the food blog Brown Sugar sent me a copy of her brand new book Baby Proof, I knew I was in store of something special.
This was the dream book for all of us preggers ladies looking to feel like normal adults every once and a while. She has some of the most creative recipes for mocktails in her book, and she has them divided by trimester along with some great pregnancy tips.
Plus Nicole is just a wonderful blogger, filled with so much passion and love for what she does. We started blogging around the same time, and I love how committed she is to making her brand a success. This book is a triumph, and I am so proud of her.
This Spicy Chocolate Martini stood out to me because it’s almost Valentine’s Day, and chocolate is always necessary. It looks and feels sexy and is just what you need to get that decadent fix for the holiday. Whenever I’m feeling the itch, I will definitely be referring to this book.
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 ounces soy milk
- 3 ounces heavily brewed chai tea
- 1 ounce Cinnamon Simple Syrup
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Place the chocolate chips in a heat safe bowl. Bring the heavy cream to a boil, in a separate small saucepan and pour on top of the chocolate chips. Use the rubber spatula to stir until smooth allow to cool.
- Place the chocolate mixture, soy milk, brewed chai tea, the cinnamon simple syrup and the cayenne and cinnamon in a shaker. Shake vigorously for 1 minute. Pour into two martini glasses and serve.